Sunday, June 28, 2009

~How to Save Food: Part 3~

Make your own and save! In today's busy society it is hard to fit in home-made meals for your family. But if I can do it while working two jobs with a one year old then you can too! Planning is the key and if you meal plan (as discussed in this post: How to Save on Food: Part 1) you will have success!

I don't know if you have looked lately at the price of bread in your local grocery store but where I live it is $2.69 for the in store brand. Totally ridiculous! As I have posted before I make all my own bread using a bread machine. I recently purchased a new bread machine at XS Cargo for $69.99. Within 30 loaves of bread it will be PAID for! Considering that we eat around 2 loaves a week in our household this will be a quick return!

Also I can make my family healthy, non preservative loaves of bread and I will know first hand what types of ingredients go into it!

An added bonus to a bread machine is that usually they have settings for making lots of other things in them as well. In mine I can not only make pizza dough but I can do jams as well! It has all the settings for that as well!

When I started out making our bread I searched for some recipes online but finally decided to pick up this book:




It has all kinds of recipes for breads from basic to fancy types, jams, sweet and savory breads...you name it. It has paid for itself as well as it has given me invaluable tips on how to perfect my bread!

Happy breadmaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment