Sunday, April 12, 2009

~Futura Rewards~

Futura Rewards is a program that allows you to accrue money in an account towards either cash savings, retirement savings, education savings, group fundraising, charitable giving, student loan payment, member to member transfer...It pays you in Futura Rewards for collecting UPCs of certain products, shopping at certain retailers, shopping through their online affiliates system, using a Futura Mastercard etc... 1 Futura Reward = $1 Canadian. So no messing around with points conversion or otherwise, it just equals the same.

Futura Loyalty Group is the company that manages Futura Rewards. They also manage the Aeroplan program and other reward based programs. They have been around for awhile so there is every reason to believe that it is trustworthy.

I personally collect Futura Rewards through mostly collecting UPCs from participating products. To see a full list go here: Companies. For this I cut the actual physical UPC off the product and tape it to a page. At the end of each quarter you mail them all in with a Tally Sheet that you download from their site (I use the PDF version from the website) and they credit your account with the value at the end of the next quarter.

I also collect the Gifts to Grow points that are found inside of Pampers products. You find the little stickers with codes inside all packages of diapers and it is printed on the sides of the packages of wipes. When you register a profile at Pampers.ca you are able to input the codes and collect these points for rewards. There are other things you can use the codes for and they change frequently but I redeem mine solely for $5 Futura Rewards. 40 GTG Points = $5. I will do another post on Gifts to Grow in the upcoming days!

I do surveys with Hotspex surveys and redeem my Hotbux for Futura dollars at a rate of 120 Hotbux = $1. I use Points.com to do this and they take care of everything for me!

Lastly I take advantage of offers that Futura sends me. I've gotten insurance quotes and made $5 off them. I used a sign up code FRUGAL10 to get a free $10 at sign up. It should still work so make sure you use that when you sign up!

The biggest key to maximizing your Futura account is family power! You can get your family members to sign up and collect for you and transfer to one account. In my case I opened an account for my husband and son. They each got the $10 sign up bonus, each got $5 for an insurance quote, they each earn Hotbux by doing surveys and I submit UPCs through these accounts. Some UPCs are limited to the number that you can send per quarter so it helps to have extra accounts that you can put them through. For example, you can only submit 3 UPCs for Stayfree...I was able to send in 9. I trade on Smart Canucks and get Futura UPCs in trades and that is how I get so many.

So by doing all these things I have managed to pull $256.16 out of thin air since I started collecting them in November 2008. That is like putting $50 away a month. If I continue to collect at this rate and do this for 18 years for E's education account at a meagre 3.5% I would have over $15,000!!! at 6% it would be over $20,000!!! Not bad if you ask me for FREE MONEY!!!

The finer details of Futura are that you can only transfer between members once your account reaches $25. You can only cash out your account when the balance is over $100. It is paid out by cheque and is subject to a $9.95 administration fee each time you cash it out. Pay outs only occur at the end of a quarter so if you request it in the beginning of a quarter you will not receive it until the end.

There are other ways to earn Futura Rewards. In some areas you can use your card and show it at cerain stores to gain credit. You can get a Futura Mastercard and earn Futura Rewards on your purchases using it. You can shop online through affiliated companies and earn up to 10% back in Futura Credit. You can get certain Financial services and earn rewards on them such as TD Insurance, Sutton Group and more! You can go here for more details!!!

I think that pretty much covers Futura Rewards. Let me know if you have any questions about it and I will do my best to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment